Sunday 13 October 2013

Smacked in the KISSer

The smart pump idea, although good, is draining time trying to solve a problem I added to the project. As it eating into the schedule I am going to drop that part and just use the one microcontroller. The rest of the design is the same and the control methods are the same. Bringing back the smart pump idea can be done later and swapped in piecemeal.

Specifically I am finding getting the communication between the controllers more difficult than it should be. Debugging two sets of code at once is hard. Especailly without any on chip debugging. It's just "Did that work? No. Next idea" which is not good methodology. Made worse by working in the simulator! I have a new serial port PCI card coming which I need so I can run the newest version of the simulator, although I'm not sure that will solve the immediate problem. At least I will only be typing on one PC!.

No comments:

Post a Comment