Thursday 14 November 2013

Solder on

That's the bulk of the soldering done. The 5v voltage regulator, the Nand Gate and L293D Half-H Drivers are in position. The control lines from the NXP are soldered in with a ribbon cable socket, the 3.5mm jacks for 12v outputs and a 3.5mm jack for the 12v supply are all in place. I added the extra GND line to make the D-Sub 16 lines. It didn't all work first time because a tiny sliver of solder was connecting the 5v rail and the enable line. Took me a while to find it but the fact that I did intermediate testing meant I knew it was the newest soldering I had to re-inspect. I could really do with better inspection equipment - the light isn't bright enough and maybe a magnifying lens or camera would be a benefit.

Here it is with the NXP up and running. The PSU star connector is 12v in.

No comments:

Post a Comment